How to select a niche
There are different ways to evaluate niche’s potential. You can use any of them, but better to combine them all.
A perfect niche:
- is available and popular on AliExpress. Searching various products, you can compare how many items are available there. The number of orders also matters much. It shows how popular the chosen product is.
- demonstrates ascending trend in Google Trends. If you see an ascending trend in the USA and Europe (the regions with more solvent purchasers), the niche is promising. If you are going to target other markets, check them as well. Avoid niches with flat or descending trends.
- has enough search volume in Google Keyword Planner. The optimal results range from 5000 to 50000. Such niches have good demand, but the market is not oversupplied yet.
- is popular in social media. Facebook and Instagram are ideally suited for that. If there are at least 10 groups with 30K+ followers devoted to the chosen niche, it's fine.
The chosen niche should be quite popular, but not too competitive.
How to choose products
To find the best products for your dropshipping store, keep in mind some points.
A winning product:
- is quick and cheap to deliver. Filter out products with free shipping/free or cheap ePacket delivery.
- is demanded and affordable. A good product should have at least 300 orders.
- is high-quality. Select only items with product rating not less than 4 stars.
- is legal. Avoid products with logo or brand name.
- has informative pages: product description should cover such essential product features as color, size, weight, material, etc. Relevant customer reviews and high-quality pictures also matter much.
Here at DropshipMe we have already picked out the most trending best sellers in promising niches. You don’t have to waste your time on niche and product research – just select a category and start importing products to your store.